- Capital city: Ulaanbaatar
- Official language: Mongolian
- Official scripts: Mongolian Cyrillic Scripts
- Ethnic groups: 96% Mongols 4% Kazakhs
- Religion: Buddhism (53%), Shamanism (40%) and Islam (3%)
- Government: Unitary semi presidential republic
- First formation: Xiongnu Empire 209 BCE
- Legislature: State Great Khural
- Area: 1,566,000 km2
- Population: 3,042,000 as 2015 estimation
- GDP: 4353$ per capita
- Currency: Tugrug
- Time zone: UTC+8/+9
- Calling code: +976
Why to travel to Mongolia?
Mongolians know they live in a unique country. When you ask anyone why it is so special and they will probably start gushing about beautiful countryside, the vast steppe, rugged mountains, abundant wildlife and their animals. It's these truths many people find so appealing. Mongolia's nomadic culture is still strong in this 21st century. The chance to sleep in a nomads ger, help herd the sheep, ride horses and milk cow are possible, Experiencing the Mongolian way of life is really only possible because of the tremendous hospitality that exists in the Mongolian countryside. In a world of walls, locks and fences, it can be tremendously refreshing to meet a people who are willing to open their doors to welcome strangers.